Friday 8 March 2013

OUGD406 - Communication is a virus Evaluation

Communication is a virus Evaluation

As a group, we identified that the problem with tea is it is hard to advertise it for what it is or it's physical properties because most people already know. It is a widely favoured drink across all ages except perhaps children because they simply don't like the taste. We figured that, as a group, our market would need a fresh, new motive to drink tea other than the fact that it has health benefits and it's quite patriotic, as this had been done before.

We decided to tie in our tea challenge with Red Nose Day, the motive being that you would drink tea perhaps instead of the can of coke you were going to pick because the money is going to a good cause.

Research

Primary
We didn't really carry out any formal primary research in the form of surveys etc and I wish that we had done because we would know exactly what our audience wants from their own mouths!
Secondary
We looked at several tea adverts that appealed to families such as the Heinz advert and Red Nose day campaign. We found this the most useful as we wanted to appeal to a mass market of all ages and learnt what would appeal to them. 
Qualitative
Because we didn't really do much primary research, I feel like that we didn't have anything qualitative about our research although we found that looking at advertising campaigns and collecting adverts and leaflets handing to us to see how others appeal to the public.
Quantitative
We found that the cafe downstairs charged 70p for a cup of tea so we decided to sell ours for 50p to appeal to those who were interested in value, not necessarily charity.

If I were to do this again, I think I would definitely make sure that more primary research was carried out because it is essential for knowing what your audience wants - and we didn't do that formally.

In my opinion, the way we managed the workload in our group was largely imbalanced. I felt like I didn't have enough work to do, and that I could have easily taken on more jobs to assist with the group - had there been any. If I were to do this again, I would have created more tasks for me to contribute to the group because I also think that in the end, although everything looked great and was of high quality, there were more opportunities for design than we took advantage of and our collection was quite scarce.

I think our group dynamic, although friendly, was kind of dysfunctional in that, we all have leadership personalities and it was hard to manage a project with too many people all wanting to do the same thing.

Overall though, I thought we achieved the task of getting people to drink tea - the £65 shows it!

No comments:

Post a Comment